Thursday, June 4, 2009

Word Junkie

I'm a word junkie!

It's true, I love words. I love books. I love to read. I love to WRITE.  There's something amazing about taking words that are in your head and heart and putting them out for others to see.  Sure, one can talk while others listen; though, the written word is lasting, solid, available for re-veiwing.

I have a collection of dictionaries.  It's true. I own about 10 of them now and I want to keep adding to my plethora of lexicons. Why? I want one in every room and several in my library. Yes, I have a room lined with books and I call it the library.  

In college, my roommates laughed when I kept a paperback dictionary in my kitchen cupboard. Well, how many times did I come home to find it on the kitchen table next to someone else's homework.  Who's laughing now?!?  Yes, even the kitchen needs a dictionary!

Mr. Website bought me an electronic handheld game that has only word games on it!  I LOVE IT!  It's really hard for me to put it down.  What's the 12 step program look like for a recovering word junkie?  You know what? I don't want to know.  I rather like my addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment