Tuesday, June 16, 2009

When words just won't do

As a wordsmith I feel I have a good grasp of how to convey a message through vocal or written word. However, there are times when words just won't do. They complicate things. They muddy the water. Today, I had an experience where something besides words was necessary.

God gave us one mouth and two ears. Think maybe He wanted us to do more listening than talking? I listened today. Then I thought. Then I prayed. I prayed that Heavenly Father would tenderly and in His Almighty Way handle the subject.

It was a wrestle with God. I was entrusted to privileged information and vowed to share it with no one. I shared it with God. I asked Him to hold it for me. I am too afraid that without His help, I will screw things up! God allowed my heart to ache for my loved one. He allowed me to cry for this soulmate of mine. Then He brought peace into my heart, into my soul.

I know He will take care of my friend. I KNOW He will! I know that I can go to Him and ask for guidance as I support my loved one. I will go to Him because this is definitely a time I need Him to guide me. His guidance of my words and actions is necessary, for my words just won't do.

To my friend, I have asked Heavenly Father to carry this burden for me. His willingness to do this allows me to continue to offer my love, support and my two ears, two arms for hugs, too. I love you. I always will. I am here for you. Most of all, He loves you, always will and He will never fail you. Seek Him, Follow Him, and Trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment