Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Daughter of God

It is my theological belief that my spirit is a literal offspring of God, and as such I am a daughter of God. He is my Heavenly Father. Without my spirit my body would only be a cold, lifeless shell.  So, my life, comes from God. My parents gave me my physical body, God gives me my life.

Last night, I met with some sisters in my ward. We do this each month. We call it Visiting Teaching. Well, the spiritual devotional message was on prayer. I love this topic of the gospel. It's more an action of gospel living.  Think about. Prayer is so simple a child can do it, yet there is such power and magnificience in prayer.  

God hears prayers. God answers prayers. God loves those who come to Him in faith. How do I know this?  God has heard my prayers and given me peace, answers, and comfort.  This strengthens my faith, leading to more prayer; more prayer leads to more blessings.  That's the overwhelmingly beautiful thing about Heavenly Father, you can never get ahead!  Just when you think, I've repaid Him for all the blessings He has given me, He gives more.

These blessings come in various sizes, packages, and ways. You see, it's not all sunshine and roses, but with God hearing and answering prayers, He gives me shelter in the rain and understands when the thorny thickets hurt my flesh.  I know that God isn't giving me the special treatment.  He does this with all of His children.  All who live on this earth or who have ever lived are His children.  He loves all His children, even those who don't know Him, or worse, don't love Him.

God strengthens me. My faith. My sense of worth. My desire to love. All because He first loved me.  God be thanked for His matchless love.

3 comments:

  1. You are the best! I love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your wonderful insights. You have an amazing talent in being able to express your thoughts and feelings into words. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete