Thursday, June 18, 2009

1 step forward 2 steps backward

Sometimes life feels like you're the wrong way on an escalator. You're working at trying to get to the "ideal" and then drama happens. Emotions run rampant. The wrong words whiz around like mortar shells hitting targets and bystanders alike. Chaos. The effort to keep moving up the ever decending steps is tough! But....it is possible to beat the cycle of resistence.

We've all seen someone do it or actually done it ourselves, fight the escalator and get past the negative pull. Physically, I can do it. Emotionally, it's much, much more difficult for me to do. I'm determined to be stronger this time around. I'm going to succeed. I have to succeed.

You may feel like I've been overly cryptic in my posts of late. I don't mean to be elusive. It's just that sometimes it's easier to accept a thing when we put a different spin on it. I'm working hard on some tough emotional stuff right now, I need a spin doctor to work some magic.

Until I find the right combinations of resolutions, durations, and patience I have to angle things a bit. Hang in there, dear reader, Tootsie is going to keep on keeping on! One day soon, I hope, I'll have more "things of good report" to write about.


No comments:

Post a Comment