Monday, June 1, 2009

Dots and Stripes

Last Christmas, my sibling family decided to do a 'homemade' christmas exchange. I had a niece and nephew to give to. They live far from me and in an effort to be their favorite "Aunt Tootsie". I decided to make them personalized stationery boxes.  You know, the gift that keeps on giving, especially to Aunt Tootsie's mailbox.

I found unfinished wood photo boxes at the craft store. With a little paint and a lot of paper, stamps, and envelopes, they soon morphed into personalized stationery boxes!  Then I thought, why not do this for each of my nieces and nephews?  So, the birthday gift of 2009 was born!

The boys get striped boxes with lots of boy themed stationery. The girls get polka dotted boxes with girly themed stationery.  It's been fun to get letters in the mail written in children's handwriting.  I love sending letters filled with loving words and humorous jokes back to these precious kids. 

I am a lucky woman! I get to be a pen pal to 13 nieces and nephews!

No comments:

Post a Comment