Friday, June 5, 2009

UV Protection 100

Skin cancer runs in the family. I've already had some removed. I really should stay out of the sun. It's just so hard to do. I love the sun! I need the sun! But in order to be out enjoying the sun and the lovely heat rays on my skin, I have to be protected.

I bought a product that has a SPF rating of 100. Too bad it only comes in a small tube. I would love to have a vat of it to swim in so I could lay on a float in the pool and relive the good ol' days of summer swim siestas.  A good book, acool drink, sunglasses, and the floating sensation in the cool, clorinated water. No, now as  a 30 something, I have to be worried about the sun and the effects of exposure on my skin. 

So, I don't take the book, I swim laps, and I avoid the 11am-2pm times so as to avoid the most potent rays. It's the grown up version of summer swim siestas. Every summer I understand just a little more what all the adults in my childhood were murmuring about the 'good ol'days of lazy summers'.  

Aughhhh, to be a kid again!

No comments:

Post a Comment