Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tears

Today there were tears.   Too many tears.   The kind of tears that lead to puffy eyelids in the morning.  

Sometimes tears are good.  The good tears are the ones that express happiness, relief. The best kind of 'good tears' are the ones that 'wash' away pain, give voice to those feelings thicker than words. You know the ones I mean, the feeelings that get stuck somewhere between your heart and your head.

Then there are the tough tears. These are the ones that don't bring answers, relief and only speak of saddness. You know the ones that come after a pain, physical or emotional.  These tears can be confusing, frustrating, down right messy.  It's usually these tears that flow like busted waterworks. They don't just go away, you have to get to the root of the problem, maul it over in your mind, find a place to put it.

My tears were the latter; however, I found a place for my problem. I'm taking it to God. He knows how much I want to love and be loved. So, I'm giving it all to God. He will give me the experiences He wants me to have and I will ask Him to help me carry on with what I am given.  

My eyes are dry. My heart is light knowing that I sincerely tried to love and be loved today. It's time to put this tired body, weary mind, and tender heart to bed. I'll be crossing my fingers that the puffy eyes don't find me.


No comments:

Post a Comment