Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sunny Saturdays & Sundays

Working in a windowless office 8-10 hours a day, five days a week means limited enjoyment of the sun. Basically, I get outside to enjoy the sun at lunch when I need to thaw out from the 'icebox' I call an office.

Then, I drive home as the sun dips in the western horizon and get to work on dinner, errands, and unwinding. Before long, the sky has dimmed and darkness envelopes the warm sky. It is nice to go out in the dark and feel the warm air. But few things compare to feeling the warm air, while looking at a clear blue sky and all things alight and bright from the sunshine.

This is why I love Saturdays and Sundays. I selfishly sleep in on these days, just so I can see the golden rays in my bedroom while I'm snuggled warmly in bed next to Mr. Website. I love those moments! I have all day to be out in the sunshine, whether it's working in the yard, going to a park, or walking to church on Sunday morning.

I can enjoy the sun, of course I have to have the SPF protection, with it's warm sunshiny rays on my skin. I love where I live! I moved here from a rainy spot of God's green earth solely for the arid, sun- parched earth, with beaming skys. I enjoy 300+ days of sunshine per rotation around the sun!

I gotta run! The weekend sunshine is calling me....

No comments:

Post a Comment