Monday, June 8, 2009

Keeping things alive

I have plants, flowers and trees that I try to keep alive. I live in desert country and it isn't an easy job keeping things green and flourishing. I realized shortly after marriage when pregnancy was elusive that I wanted to have something to nurture.  

So, I started growing a green thumb. 

It isn't green yet.  It's like a bluish purple. 

My plants struggle to survive. The trees wilt. My flowers shine in all their beauty for as long as they can and then succumb to lifeless, limp leavage awaiting the mulch pile.  

I mourn each loss. Especially the garden I tried to grow last fall. THAT was SAD! 

It's pitiful going to the nursery and picking out my new adoptees knowing that they may very likely end up being my next gardening victims.  

But, alas, I plant, err... press, on.




No comments:

Post a Comment