Monday, November 14, 2011

Project: Santa

I'm so excited for this upcoming holiday season! My wonderful husband and I have been so blessed and the upcoming holidays will give us a great excuse to share our blessings with others. Our stake has been involved in Project Santa this year. Preparing for it has been exciting. We've given time, things, and money to this project and I'm so thankful for the opportunity that we've had to be participants.
The last three years we've done a 12 Days of Christmas to someone and we are in the works of planning this year's sleuth gift giving. I love this time of year! My dear husband has put up with my rebellion of Turkey Feasts and we've used the Thanksgiving weekend to prepare for our holiday gift giving schemes.
Please don't take offense to my avoidance of the Thanksgiving feasting. I LOVE Thanksgiving in principle, family, thankfulness, the kick off of the giving season, but I really don't like the Turkey! The Dressing! The Pumpkin Pie! Substituting food isn't the answer either, so I respectfully bow out and find another way to show my thankfulness. I guess that makes me a bit of a Scrooge, but I hope that my other holiday festivities of stealthily giving gifts makes up for my "Grinch" attitude on Turkey Day.
However, you celebrate T-Day and the wonderful days leading up to the celebration of our Savior's birth, I wish you a VERY wonderful, loving and blessed holiday season. Remember to Christ in Christmas and remember to show Thanks beyond Thanksgiving Thursday. My love to you all! Tootsie

No comments:

Post a Comment